The way you talk to your child helps in developing self-esteem and confidence in them. Your words make a great impact on your child. Your words can hurt them or lift them, so it’s important to use words of encouragement on a regular basis to motivate and inspire them.
Here’s why you should use words of encouragement with your child:
- Your child will feel appreciated, which will help in boosting their self-esteem.
- Your child will be more determined to try new things when they hear words of encouragement from you.
- They will feel motivated and confident to overcome challenges and face new experiences.
Words of Encouragement You Should Use
As parents, you assume that your child knows how much you love and appreciate them. However, they need to hear this from you. Some simple words of encouragement can make a huge difference in their lives. Here are some words of encouragement you can use for your child:
For Showing Love
- I love you!
- You have made my world better!
- I miss you!
- Thank you for making me happy!
For Showing Acceptance
- I am proud of you!
- I am happy to have you as my child!
- I am grateful that you came in my life!
- Thank you for bringing joy and happiness to our family!
For Building Confidence
- I believe in your abilities!
- Mistakes help you learn new things!
- You are very brave!
- You can solve any problem!
For Building Self-Esteem
- Your opinion is important!
- You are awesome!
- What do you think of this idea?
- You have a good and kind heart!
Try using these words of encouragement on a regular basis. Your child will love each of these phrases!
Dorothy Hastings is the Director of First School, which are three preschool and child care centers located throughout Southern California. First School provides a hands-on approach to preschool education and child care programs that emphasizes all around child development. In addition to their intuitive academic approach, First School also focuses on developing a child’s social skills and self-confidence, which is made possible in their intimate learning atmosphere.