The safety of children has always been a concern for parents. There has been a rapid increase in the children related crimes over past few years in the U.S. According to the U.S Department of Justice, more than 58,000 children are abducted every year by strangers. Most of these criminals pry for the right opportunity.
It’s high time now that we should think seriously about the safety of our children. There are various forms of self-defense available for adults. Why not teach some wonderful self-defense techniques to our children as well? It will work towards the benefit and safety of our children and we will live in a better society.
Some of the advantages of teaching self-defense to children are:
1. Increases Confidence – In self-defense training, children keep learning skills that are all new and unique. With constant effort and practice, children start feeling confident which ultimately reflects in their attitude.
2. Better Analysis of Surroundings – Children will become more practical and analyze their surroundings in a better way. Self-defense training helps them make better choices. The best part of the self-defense training is that they learn to avoid danger.
3. Fighting Skills – Children are taught how to attack their assailants. A child learns about targeting the vital parts such as eyes and groins of their assailants. They are well trained to fight with smart tricks. Even if the attacker is double their size, they will be able to defend themselves and escape with these clever moves.
4. Develops Determination – Self-defense training grooms children in a way that they develop tremendous will-power and determination. Once they are determined to do any work, they will not budge till it gets completed.
5. Exercise – All self-defense techniques are good exercise. These help children become strong and flexible. It improves their memory power, concentration, and appetite.
Children in preschool should also learn self-defense to protect themselves from attackers and become strong individuals.
If you want to ask more questions, feel free to reach out to us at (760) 799-2910.
Dorothy Hastings is the Director of First School, which are three preschool and child care centers located throughout Southern California. First School provides a hands-on approach to preschool education and child care programs that emphasizes all around child development. In addition to their intuitive academic approach, First School also focuses on developing a child’s social skills and self-confidence, which is made possible in their intimate learning atmosphere.