Everyone has grand plans for New Year Celebrations. It can be parties, fun activities, get-togethers, social gatherings or going out for site seeing and trekking etc. People start planning their New Year activities in advance. Our children too need special care and attention during celebrations but most of the time they are ignored. They are a part of our lives and should not feel left alone. If they are going to any preschool or day care center, these fun activities can make them happy and engaged. Here are some of the activities which preschools can arrange for the preschoolers during New Year:
- Fireworks – Fireworks and New Year celebrations are synonymous. It has been a tradition to show fireworks displays during New Year. If you are going out to watch the New Year midnight fireworks, take them along. They will surely enjoy it. Or if you are doing it at home, make them attend the celebrations. Be cautious that they do not touch the fireworks but just enjoy the show. It will be a good fun for them.
- Treasure Hunt – Children love to find something hidden. Invite children from the neighborhood to participate in the game. Design this game with appropriate clues to make it interesting for them. They will simply love it.
- Fun Photos – Take a picture of each child with a camera/smartphone. Tell them that the person who makes the best funny face will get a prize. Download the pictures to your laptop and computer and ask the guests to gather around. Now judge the people based on the best face and pick a winner!
- Marble Race – It’s a very interesting game for children. They can entertain themselves with this game during New Year.
- Cardboard Paper Towel Rolls (1 for every 2 players)
How to Play
- Create a “trough” by cutting cardboard paper towel rolls. Give each player a trough and organize them in a line.
- One large marble will be placed in the first child’s paper towel roll. That person will now pass on the marble from their roll to the next one in the line. After that child has to run towards the end of the line.
- The game will continue till the marble drops. The person who drops marble is out of the game and the last one who stands wins the game.
Understand the importance of children and make their New Year a fun-filled and interesting one.
Dorothy Hastings is the Director of First School, which are three preschool and Child Day Care centers located throughout Southern California. First School provides a hands-on approach to preschool education and child care programs that emphasizes all around child development. In addition to their intuitive academic approach, First School also focuses on developing a child’s social skills and self-confidence, which is made possible in their intimate learning atmosphere.