If your child has some problem with remembering things, feeling sleepy while studying or forgetting things very often, it could be due to the poor concentration abilities. Today, it has become a common problem because of the highly stressful environment where work pressure is mounting like never before and people do not have the time to take proper care of their children.
Lack of attention and also exposure to television and other stuffs like social media platforms and electronic games could be one of the reasons for the lack of concentration. But there are certain tips which could help a child build concentration. Some of these tips are:
- Keep Away Distractive Things: Anything that distracts kids a lot should be kept away from them like a comic book or a toy. Even mobile phone or any eye catchy gadget should be away from them as these are highly addictive things and major hindrance to build concentration.
- Well balanced diet: Children should be introduced to a well-balanced diet and stay away from packed foods and cola drinks. They should be given fruits, vegetables and fish rich in omega 3 that help in building mental strength.
- Yoga and Meditation: It is believed that meditation has positive effect on children. Before considering this option, make sure that you consult a yoga expert who also trains children.
- Memory Enhancing Games: There are memory enhancing games available that are fun to play. They are really good and interesting. You can also find some of these games online. However, help your child try to refrain from too much exposure to smartphones, tabs and laptops.
- Avoid Stress: Make sure that your child remains stress free. It is very important that they are not overworked for any physical activity or mental exercise. Otherwise, they may lose interest in things and get distracted. So, the moment you feel the child is getting irritated, it’s time to stop to keep him stress-free.
Apart from the aforementioned points, it is also necessary that children get attention from their parents. They must be told and also made to feel that they are very precious to their parents. If you follow these tips with full determination, you will get to see positive changes in your child.
First School is a leading provider of preschool education. We provide your child a safe and fun center for learning. We work towards the overall development of your child. For more information, please call us on (760) 799-2910.