For most of the working parents in the US, choosing a trustworthy child care service provider is quite a difficult task. Children are the foremost priority for many families and they deserve to be surrounded by a safe and enriched environment with positive role models and peers. Where they spend their first few years of life can lay the foundation for their future. Toddlers must be sent to a day care center that provides a supportive atmosphere, great learning environment, plenty of indoor and outdoor activities as well as friendly and loving caretakers.
Choosing the right child care service provider will definitely impact the overall growth and development of your child. It can make your child a strong, confident and responsible individual in the future. These are 7 important tips for choosing the right child care service or the day care center:
- Reputation – This should be your first concern. You can find all the necessary details on the internet like how long the institution has been established, public reviews, awards won and necessary licenses. It will really help you with the decision making process.
- Safety – Make a surprise visit to the center to check the facilities and other things. Make sure that the place is clean and free from hazards. It must be well guarded by security personnel and caregivers should always observe the activities of children.
- Policy Check – It is important to enquire about important aspects such as –:
- When are naps offered?
- What food is given to children?
- How are children fed or put to sleep?
- What is the policy on sick child attendance?
- Transport Facility – There are some parents who can’t afford to drop their child off at the day care center before going to office and picking them up when they return. There are some day care centers that provide transportation service for children, so make sure to look into whether your day care center accommodates to your needs.
- Expense – It always helps to ask about the fee, modes of payment, miscellaneous costs and any other hidden costs. Some child care service providers do not charge as much, but they do have fees that aren’t included in the base payment
- Caregiver’s Background – Ask questions about the educational qualifications and experience of caregivers. Check if they are certified in CPR and have few years of experience as a caregiver.
- Feedback – Make sure that the feedback regarding your child’s performance is given frequently. Feedback is extremely important and any issues related to child should be timely escalated.
Make sure your child is in the right hands. These tips will help you make a wise decision with regards to selecting the right child care services provider.
If you to ask more questions, feel free to reach out to us at (760) 799-2910.