In this day and age, we revolve around all things social. From Facebook to Twitter to LinkedIn and other sites. These sites are not for children under a certain age though – which usually becomes a topic of conversation for your little ones. The “why can’t I join” question comes up a lot. Instead of just saying no, you could consider letting them join a site, but one that is specifically for kids.
These sites take care of parental worries such as talking to someone that is really an adult, bullying, the use of bad language and much more. If you want your kids to be social, but safe, these sites mentioned below are some of the best sites online for the younger generation.
1. Club Penguin: This website allows your kids to chat with other kids on their list. But, they can only use words that have been pre-selected. There are 300,000 words though. It also has parental controls, games and is best suited for kids 8 and up.
2. Ever Loop: This is a site that is for children 10 and older and parents can control various permissions on the website. Kids can chat, post messages, play games and upload videos via the website.
3. Fantage: For kids ages 9 and older, Fantage.com can play games, go on a variety of quests, and send messages via IM. Messages containing profanity and personal information are blocked.
4. Frank Town Rocks: If you have a child that loves music, they will really enjoy this website because it’s geared towards music. Kids can also play games and earn franks when they win. These franks can be used to buy items in the virtual world FTR.
5. KidzWorld: If you want a site that really controls things like unwanted solicitations, bad language and bullying, Kidz World is the site for your children. Check it out today!