Christmas is a time to cherish and celebrate. People start planning their Christmas vacations or parties and businesses start offering holiday discounts for their customers. Similarly, there are fun activities for kids to make Christmas a memorable time. Preschools can play an important role in making children happy and cheerful during Christmas. They can organize various activities for children, so that they can enjoy a festive December.
Here are 5 Christmas games younger children can play:
- Hide the Snowman – This is a very interesting game and it will keep the kids busy for a long time. Make a Christmas specific item such as any figure, ornament or any such thing. Once you create it, you can hide it in a place of your choice. Set the rules for the game and instruct your children. Give some award to the winner.
- Christmas Art– Not only will this project stimulate creativity, it’s easy for a child of any age to accomplish. It not very complex to organize. Simply gather all the Christmas items at your house like scraps, old wrapping paper, pine cones, goofy pictures, bows, ribbons, etc. Give every child a t-shirt and then ask them to prepare a Christmas t-shirt.
- Christmas Pictionary – In this game, you can write down some random topics and gather the kids around the kitchen table. Then, provide a stack of cards with the the names of Christmas related items written on one side. Call every child one-by-one to draw what’s written on the card and have the others guess what’s written on it.
- Holiday ABC’s – Write the alphabet from A to Z on a piece of paper and give it to every child. They must have a holiday word that is related to each letter. Children can be divided into groups or teams if it is impossible for them to do it alone. The team that accomplishes this goal first will be declared the winner.
- Mystery Stocking – Fill a sock with some gift item and pass it across. Children will guess what is inside it. Children are allowed to shake, feel and smell the item. It would be advisable to put some simple gift items like – chocolates, crayons and small toys etc.
Christmas games are good for fun and creativity. These games will keep the children engaged
First School is a leading day care center service provider. We take great care of your child and these fun activities are a part of our routine. For more information, please call us at (760) 799-2910.